Monday, March 23, 2009

Writing a Podcast

Hello, everyone. I’m Rebecca Robinson streaming live from my car on this 23rd day of March 2009. Today we will be discussing the photo radar system in place on freeways in the Phoenix/Metro area and the pros and cons of the cameras. As I drive south on the I-17, a major interstate that cuts through the heart of Phoenix, there are several cameras on the side of the road, clocking the speeds of every car passing by. Some too fast and others at the perfect speed. However, I see absolutely no point in these cameras. They are a flagrant display of city spending when Phoenix continues to go into debt. It takes jobs away from the Highway Patrolmen and continues to effect citizens on a daily basis. Also, it was built using our tax dollars. Basically, we are paying for our own demise.

It is unfair as a tax paying citizen to see our police officers cut and these high tech devices put up. The cameras cause more harm than good. As I drive down the interstate, I continue to approach one of these cameras. As I come within 300 feet of the device, the cars surrounding me hit their breaks to come down to the posted speed limit. Not only does this instill fear in me while driving but it also causes some confusion. Confusion that causes problems especially when steering a two thousand pound moving object. These cameras only catch people who aren’t intelligent enough to read signs. Unfortunate waste of tax payer money.

This is a problem that needs to be resolved. The citizens of the Phoenix/Metro area need to speak out and rise against this issue. And persuade their elected officials to tear down the cameras and use the money for something else. It’s a waste of money and time. And no one wants to receive a ticket in the mail anymore.

Thank you for joining me on the drive for justice. I’m Rebecca Robinson and this was your daily conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Very good--you should give the date again at the end, though.

    ReplyDelete